Monday, May 7, 2012

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU'RE HEAVY-HEARTED

One of my real-life heroines is Keri from Creating My Own Little Nirvana.  We have so much in common, except that she is braver than I am (she works in theater, I bailed); and she is one heck of a lot holier.   In one of her recent posts, her daughter reminds her of her own strategy for cheering up when gloomy...."ten things".

Being grateful for ten things.  So, maybe I'm a little gloomy.  In any case I'm feeling like a failure, but rather than focus on that nonsense I'll try Keri's method.

Ten Things

1.  Religious Education classes are just about over for the year....and that is such a wonderfully freeing feeling! 
2. First Communion is over, and it seemed to go very well.
3. Anastasia has a wonderful therapist, and I have the ability to get her there once a week....and  can see progress.
4. The smell of spring is in the air.
5. Zhenya is off to Disney Land - how I hope it is a happy, memorable few days for him.
6. Maxim is so enthusiastic about so many things - his brightness rubs off.
7. I think I actually got to use my therapeutic parenting knowledge to help a mom in the parish.  At least I know she feels better for talking to me.
8. Lilacs are just beginning to bloom.
9. My cold/flu whatever is getting better....but my most heartfelt gratitude is to Dayquil and Nyquil!
10.I sleep well.....and can't wait to crawl into my soft, cozy bed every night. 

My "new" private blog is pretty-much set up....it is just a matter of taking the plunge.  Shall I only go there occasionally?  Or altogether?  What if I don't have any readers there?  Have to do it, though....because I'm so limited when I feel guilty mentioning anything about anyone here.

17 comments:

thisjourneyofmylife said...

Your 'ten things' list gives the impression everything is going wonderful. So I don't know if it's cheering you up, but it is cheering me up!
I would certainly follow you to your private blog (if you will let me), so you will have at least one reader. And I'm pretty sure several other 'regulars' of this blog will read your other one. I do know keeping up two blogs is pretty hard ...

Tina in CT said...

Please email me your private blog address.

Like your 10 reasons.

ko said...

Yes. Email your private blog. I think I my have to make a list. I like yours. I hope it cheered you up. It has been hard for my too.

Keri said...

Annie, I love you. And your ten things made my morning. I am very much NOT braver than you, but I am humbled that you think so. I'm doing my best to remember that this life is a blip on the screen in terms of our development. We are too hard on ourselves. The fact that we wake up every day and march forward into the unknown is GREAT bravery. We are to be commended.

Today I picure God sitting on a bleacher with a pendent in his hand. He is watching your life unfold on the field before Him, and he raises his ANNIE pendent and screeeches and hollers His adoration and awe at your magificent courage. " GO ANNIE! WOO HOO! YOU CAN DO IT!!" That's our God, cheerleader to the perservering underdogs that we are:) He loves us sooooo very much.

on our way today said...

love your list

I hope your son has a good time in disney. I only went once and it was around his age also.

Essie the Accidental Mommy said...

Being able to get a good sleep is always on my top 3 if I can pull it off. It used to be something I expected, like it was my "right" to have lengthy, comfortable, uninterrupted sleep.
I can't even argue that point anymore (though I still feel it is a "right"!), I'm too tired.
LOL!

SueB said...

Hmm, I should make a list.

How do we get to your private blog?

Monique said...

Hope I can make the cut :-) I have enjoyed reading your blog for awhile now. I also read Keri's and love how she maintains her faith but is able to share the struggle with it too.

Hevel Cohen said...

Oh, I hope I get to read your new blog. And with every new beginning, it's a new adventure. You will build your readership there.

Susan said...

Let me be on your blog list too Annie....

MyGirlElena said...

I need to make a list like yours. With 5 weeks of school left, I feel I may not meet deadlines!
I'd love to receive an invite to your private blog :-)

Anonymous said...

Me too tabbyking@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Okay, I may call you tomorrow. Right now, I don't have 10 things...I can't come up with 2! :(

I want to keep reading your blog, I shall keep it TOP SECRET from everyone I know IRL.

Sigh.

Wish I could run away.....

Hugs my friend!

Nora

Cléo said...

I'd like to be on the list too! I love to read about your life.

MariaG said...

I don't comment often but would also like to follow your other blog ... if you would allow me.
MariaG (Canada)

kate said...

I wanna come!

daniellem02 said...

I would definitely read your blog too! you are a great writer