Monday, February 20, 2012

LOOKIE!

I got my first big girl phone!!!!

This comes with some trepidation, though, because we are no longer all on individual Virgin Mobile accounts.  I can't say enough good about Virgin Mobile.  Their service is amazing, and the connectivity is excellent (am I saying that right?)  Furthermore, there were never any mysterious or surprising charges, as we experienced long ago with the terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad plans we got when Aidan and Lydia were home.  I feel I could take a month-long European vacation on what I wasted on phones in those days.  I vowed I would never get a plan again.....but.......

Sergei begged for a good phone for his birthday and Aidan had really advocated for Sprint....so what with one thing and another I held my nose, closed my eyes and committed to a "Family Plan".  That meant that Anastasia, I, Sergei and Maxim all got new phones.  That part was fun, I must say.  Except I really don't quite know how to use it yet.  Patience.  Patience....and a little help from the kids.

6 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I don't have a Smartphone YET but want the new iPhone. I haven't gotten brave enough yet.

Congrats on your new Smartphone!

Hevel Cohen said...

Shiny new phone! What make is it? Is it a Droid?

Annie said...

Tina, my son Aidan says the i-phone is the only way to go; my son Sergei says it is not worth it because you have to pay for all the apps, AND the accessories are overpriced. Mine is an LG Marquee, an android. So far, so good! We don't know each other well yet.

Hevel Cohen said...

I agree with Sergei. I had an iPhone for a short while, and the only app I miss is instagram, But the Android has LightBox.

kate said...

Wow--way cool! I have a pay-as-you-go flip phone. ;>

Annie said...

Kate; I'll keep you posted. Pay as you go seems SO much safer.