Monday, February 13, 2012

THE CHERRY ON TOP OF BAD

Oh - I just forget the funniest part.

You just have to have a sense of humor.

In early January I spent THREE DAYS working on an on-line survey for Radio Shack.  Well, it wasn't three solid days, but they had us answering questions for 30-60 minutes for three days running.  I didn't mind it, though the topic was not of interest, but I certainly wouldn't have done it except for the pay - $30.   Enough for a nice little treat of some sort.

Well, I got the check, and put it in the bank.

Imagine my "delight" when I got notification from the Credit Union - the check didn't clear "No Account Found" and I was charged $30! 

So, instead of making $30, I lost $30.   Just seemed to fit into a pattern, somehow.

9 comments:

Hevel Cohen said...

Can you make Radio Shack pay it?

Rachael said...

Seriously??? Was it some sort of scam and not really Radio Shack? Because it seems they should fix that!!

Mike and Christie said...

Was it a scam??? or Was it actually Radio Shack? Wow! I think I'd be calling corporate offices on that one...but then, that would be more stress of button pushing and endless automated voices... it would be worth it to not have to go through that.
Poor ANNIE!

Annie said...

I should complain but I figure it takes more time than it is worth. It was something they'd contracted to a survey company; Rumpel or something.

on our way today said...

scam! how awful.

MyGirlElena said...

DO NOT DO THOSE SURVEYS! Im my desperation for extra $$, I signed up for those surveys through groupon. I thought that, coming form groupon, they would be legit. Well, thankfully they all went to my spam folder and I didn't even open them.
Be Careful, especially about giving too much personal info!

Keri said...

so sorry annie. you dont deserve that.

steph said...

Oh, Annie. I'm sorry. That's just ridiculous.

MamaPoRuski said...

Way to kick people when they are down. So sorry Annie about the scam!