Monday, May 24, 2010

SERGEI DAY

Yesterday was the anniversary of one of the best days of my life.  Sergei became our son.  I love this photo; it is actually from nine months previous....when he spent a week with us during a summer visit.  God was so, so good to plant Sergei in our family!  I cannot begin to express how much I love that boy.

In the next photo we see Sergei today - I was so glad I found these two because they really compliment each other!  He still loves vehicles!  When he visited us, he was so thrilled with the van.  He went out there and deep-cleaned it every other day!  Down to taking out the mats and vacuuming!  Sadly, that habit disappeared (somehow he discovered that when you clean something - it gets dirty again!)  But in the second photo, his interest in vehicles continues.  He got to try out the cockpit of a jet at one of his Army Cadet weekends. 

Today I am sneaking him away from school for a special lunch with mom.

12 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Enjoy your lunchtime getaway with your son.

Is he interested in applying to West Point?

Svetlana said...

Wow it is been already this long? Love his pictures ;-)
Have fun at lunch!!

GB's Mom said...

Congratulations!

Essie the Accidental Mommy said...

Nice pics, like the new header too!

Lisa said...

Estactic that you had some happy moments today. You totally need some. :)

MamaPoRuski said...

Happy Sergei Day! So glad you have another son to make you smile today and always! God bless!

Rachael said...

The picture of little Sergei is really great.

Congrats!

Diana said...

What a wonderful son!

MyGirlElena said...

Happy Sergei Day!
He's grown so much. Sergei is a young man already!!
I hope you enjoyed your lunch date :-)

katbat said...

oh happy day! enjoy your date!

Salzwedel Family said...

Sorry I missed Sergei Day! I'm glad you were able to sneak away for some special time together.

Tami said...

Happy Sergei Day!!! Hope you had a wonderful lunch!