Saturday, November 28, 2009

VISITORS


My oldest son Aidan, his  wife Susan and near-two-year-old son, Calvin were here this week.  They got to spend some time with their East Lansing friends and with us.  It was a pleasant, relaxed few days for the most part.


We went to my mom's for dinner one night.



Later we all went to the ice skating rink.  Cal got to ride around the rink with daddy, but vastly peferred sitting with me or Nastya and playing with ice shavings.

Zhen introduced Cal to the joys of the computer and showed him how to watch "Mickey" on there  He really enjoyed playing with his daddy's old books and toys.....seems like just yesterday I bought some of those....


Everyone jumped on the trampoline, though it was a bit cold for it.  Cal really didn't enjoy the jumping, but running around  it, and rolling around on it - that was great fun!
At one point we were all sitting at the table and I realized that Cal was eating out of a bowl that Aidan's godmother had made for him when he was a baby.  That little bowl has been through a lot!  I wanted to take a picture because I thought "Auntie Mo" would love to see how long-lasting her gift was....so we started trying to get a good picture.  It became very funny because Cal is at the age where he "gets the idea" and was trying to pose, so w were saying "hold the bowl" and he knew that's when the picture would be taken.  I think in future "hold the bowl" can replace "say cheese" for Cal.

10 comments:

Essie the Accidental Mommy said...

What a cute little guy!!!!
He is your grandson then?

Salzwedel Family said...

Looks like a wonderful visit. You have a beautiful family Annie.

Lisa said...

Beautiful memories....beautiful family

Tina in CT said...

What a cutie! He sure has changed from the last picture you posted of him - so much bigger.

I'm sure you enjoyed having the kids home for Thanksgiving.

Three week from this morning, I land in Moscow!!!!!

babyyahyah said...

he's adorable

Annie said...

Yes, Essie...rub it in! I'm a grandmother, weird as THAT feels!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful!
It is so nice to have Thanksgiving with your family.
You have cutest grandson!
Olga

Essie the Accidental Mommy said...

LOL Sorry Annie! I thought it was odd that you never call him your grandson so I thought maybe he was your sons wifes child or a nephew or something. But then came this post and I had to ask!
You're not old!

MyGirlElena said...

Calvin is a doll!

Ginny said...

He is so sweet! I love his curls.