Monday, November 17, 2008

A "MOTHERHOOD" SEVEN

Cris took a different "take" on the popular "Seven Unique Things About You" meme. She chose to answer it from a "Motherhood" point of view... That sounded fun, so I took up the challenge.

Aidan as a baby


1. I first met my four adopted children in person, but I met my firstborn biological child via a photograph!

2. Aidan was only 27 weeks gestation when he was born.....He spent a month in NICU.

3. Each of my adopted children arrived home in 9 months....except for Ilya at 8 mos - he was "early".

4. The first words said about Lydia were: "Look at those thighs!" (And don't I love to tease her about that!)

5. Of all my children the one who most reminds me of my dad is Sergei. My mom agrees.

6. Aidan was born by c-section and I was determined that Lydia would be v-bac. However, she showed some signs of the fetal hydrops which challenged, Aidan, so she had to be born by c-section anyway. For some reason this nearly broke my heart at the time.....but afterward, even when we hoped for more bio-children, I suddenly didn't care at all! Would have gladly had a third c-section. I put it down to the comment by someone at church, looking at Lydia's head, who asked in horror, "You didn't give birth to her naturally did you!!!" At that point I realized that - yes; the circumference of her head would have made her birth difficult at best, in any case.

7. One day in 1994, I prayed fervently for God to give us another child. I wrote about it in my prayer journal. When I didn't get pregnant I felt that He had told me, "No." Only last year did I run across that old prayer journal and realize that - the day I prayed amidst tears and pleading was the day of Sergei's birth. Little did I know how very affirmatively God was answering my prayer after all!

12 comments:

Ginny said...

wow-i love #7!

MyGirlElena said...

#3 is cute :)
#7 is a miracle!

pearly1979 said...

Oooooooooooooooooooooo #7 gave me chills!!!!

Rachael said...

#7: What a remarkable coincidence. Or is it? Very cool.

Tina in CT said...

Wow!!!!!

Tina in CT said...

Is each one underlined as it's a link? I clicked on two and was not led to a link.

Don't understand how you first saw your first bio baby from a photo.

Annie said...

I have no CLUE why they are underlined... The underlining appeared unbidden when I added the photo. I tried everything I could think of to get rid of it. Sorry. The only other option was to retype (and compose) it all....so I went with underlining (and a different color!)

MamaPoRuski said...

How Beautiful!

crispy said...

Thanks for playing the game.

As for the underlining, you started your text too close to the picture. If you had just hit enter a few times it will go away.

=)

Mary said...

Loved this! But I love reading everything you write. You never cease to amaze me.

Wife to the Rockstar said...

Love this meme. So beautiful.

Elizabeth said...

Sometimes when you add a photo before writing text or too close to it, the text ends up with an embedded link automatically, don't ask me why.

I like all of your mothering stories, thanks for sharing! :)